Struggling with Spreadsheets?Innate is the next logical step. With a web based spreadsheet style interface to a central database, it can rapidly convert your Excel spreadsheets into a robust, multi-user operational system. With a similar look and feel to Excel, Innate’s spreadsheet interface is specifically designed for resource planning. You can easily:
- Plan new projects using project templates and see any bottlenecks as you put the plan together.
- Create work profiles using standard curves, with drag & drop and copy & paste to finalise the estimate.
- Adjust the timescales and units of work displayed.
- Summarise or drill down a work breakdown structure, to show work profiles at portfolio, project, or task level, for example.
- Switch to a Gantt chart view so that chunks of work can easily moved in time to dynamically reduce resource bottlenecks.
See any bottlenecks as you put the plan togetherThe resource management system enables collaboration between project and resource managers with comprehensive permission settings. The impact of each change is seen by everyone who needs to know, yet ‘who can change what’ is easily controlled. Reports are produced on demand to reflect the latest updates to the data.
Can We Continue Using Spreadsheets?Yes you can! There is an Innate paste routine that can easily be configured to match the layout of your resource planning spreadsheet. You then simply select the whole spreadsheet and copy, before pasting the contents into an empty Innate resource planning view. Contact us for more details
As this example is pasted into Innate, the hours for each resource type are distributed between the start and finish dates to produce time-phase work profiles.Converting your spreadsheets into Innate will transform your resource management system:
- The data becomes current, complete and consistent,
- multi-user access can be controlled by workflow steps and
- details of who changes what easily tracked.