- About Innate
- Agile Projects
- Contact Us
- Expenses Tracking & Management
- Introduction to Capabilities
- Management Information
- PPC Landing Page
- Professional Services Automation
- Project Accounting
- Project estimating
- Project or Job Costing
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Tracking
- Resource allocation
- Resource Allocation
- Resource Demand vs Capacity
- Resource Management
- Resource Management Videos
- Resource Planning
- Resource Planning & Estimating
- Skills and Competencies
- Thank you for Your Enquiry!
- Timesheets Software
- Useful Documentation
Managing multiple teams across many projects?
Optimise your resource utilisation with tools from Innate.
The Resource Management Challenge
Managing multiple projects with a limited pool of resources can be an exciting ride! You’ve just got your skills capacity nicely in balance with demand when a new project arrives, creating unexpected bottlenecks.
Striking the right balance on resourcing levels is not easy. Most projects have key delivery dates so there must be sufficient resource to plug any gaps. But having too many ‘just in case’ will cause utilisation levels to fall and operational profits evaporate.
As new project plans are approved, requests for resource must be satisfied. Whatever your resource allocation process, there must be effective collaboration between project and resource managers if individual projects are not to suffer.
With the project resourced and work underway, the prudent project manager will want early warning of cost or schedule overruns. Simply comparing the time spent with the approved plan isn’t really good enough; an assessment of what’s been achieved (the earned value) must also be made, if forecasting the remaining work is to be realistic.
And any change to a project plan can cause new resource bottlenecks!
If this scenario strikes a chord, then please read on. Innate has been helping project and services organizations get to grips with these resourcing issues for more than 20 years.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Innate is a well-established resource management software author, with products that help to continuously optimise the utilisation of your skilled resources. We are particularly effective if you are struggling with shared spreadsheets to manage resource demand and allocation across the project portfolio.
Converting your resource planning spreadsheets into Innate will transform your system.
- Project and resource data become consistent, current, and complete.
- Multi-user access with permissions and workflow control.
- Track who changed what, by how much, and when.
- Web-based reports will substantially improve communication.
Businesses We Have Already Helped
We work with clients in the UK, Europe, North America and Asia, across several market sectors:
- Engineering & construction services
- Internal departments, such as IT and R&D, within financial services, government, pharmaceuticals, telecoms and other sectors.
- Professional services organizations, including market research and IT service providers
As the software has evolved, we’ve become a reliable partner with several large multi-nationals, some of whom are rolling out our software across their global operations.
Assess Our Suitability
We are keen to understand each potential client’s issues and requirements up front. We offer to take on representative data and partially configure the system at no charge. This proof of concept exercise helps both parties understand how close the system can get to meeting each challenge.
We are happy to explore how we might help by email exchange, phone, or meetings – both face to face and on-line.